Friday, July 10, 2015

Help Billy Zoom Kick Cancer's Butt

Billy Zoom. (Cat Rose photo)


X guitarist Billy Zoom has been diagnosed with bladder cancer.

The 67-year-old will perform with the band during its 4-Album Show at The Observatory in Orange County through this weekend and then continue to undergo chemotherapy.

To aid with medical costs, visit Help Billy Zoom Kick Cancer's Butt at http://www.gofundme.com/yx66a4

A statement from Zoom released today on X's Facebook page:

My family and I are overwhelmed and deeply humbled by the outpouring of money, love, and support that we’ve received over past 24 hours. Facing months of cancer treatment is tough, but not as tough as worrying about taking care of my family through it all. We still hadn’t completely recovered financially from my last bout with cancer and I really wasn’t sure, aside from lots of prayer, how I was going to manage to keep our home and family together through this. Our twins turned nine years old last week, and I’ll be missing our entire touring season this year because of my treatments.

Our most heartfelt thanks go out to those of you who have contributed to our wellbeing so that our energies may be concentrated on beating this and reassuring our children that their daddy is going to be ok.

 Again, heartfelt thanks to all of you from myself and my family.
 BZ

Here's a statement from X on its Facebook page:

In the music community, we all take turns helping each other & have since the beginning. Punk rock and benefits always went hand in hand: you name the cause, and the bands and fans will be there.

 Now it's our turn to help Billy Zoom, the wittiest, smartest, nicest, best guitar player & friend I know. I would do anything to help him get better, help take care of his family, and lessen his woes. Billy has begun chemo treatment at Cedars Sinai for bladder cancer. He has a long road ahead of him but we are confident he's beat cancer once and he'll do it again!

Please keep Billy in your prayers and send some positive energy his way!
Donating a few bucks will help take away some of his financial stress and worry.
It's the punk rock thing to do.

Exene, John, DJ, and Mike


Texas guitar player Jesse Dayton (Waylon Jennings, Supersuckers) will be temporarily sitting in for Zoom and performing on the band's July and August tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment